Last Updated: October 18, 2013
- Provide you with access to use of the Service or requested content and/or information.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Provide technical administration and customer support.
- Send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Deliver products and services you purchase or request.
- Make it easier for you to log back into and use this Website.
- Manage your account.
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes.
- Help us understand who is visiting and using this Website.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Protect against or identify fraudulent transactions.
We collect, store, analyze, use and disclose Aggregated Data to help us provide you with a better user experience. For example, we collect IP addresses to aggregate demographic and other non-personal information, we keep track of the domains from which users visit this Website, we measure visitor activity on this Website, and we share statistical information about our users with our advertising partners. This enables us to adjust this Website to meet the needs of our customers. When we use and disclose Aggregated Information, we do so in a way that keeps both your Customer Information and Personal Information anonymous. You hereby acknowledge and agree that UMB may share Aggregated Information with third parties and make Aggregated Information publicly available.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
We may, but are not obligated, to collect, store, analyze, use and disclose your User Generated Content. You hereby acknowledge and agree that UMB may use your User Generated Content to evaluate and modify our Service. You also hereby agree that UMB may display your User Generated Content in our Forums.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Affiliated Companies. We disclose information to our subsidiaries and other affiliated companies for the sole purpose of providing you with the Service.
- Agents, Consultants and Service Providers. UMB, like many businesses, engages third parties to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, transmitting information, hosting data and storing information. When we engage a third party to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Authorized Persons. We may disclose your Customer Information and/or Personal Information to individuals we reasonably believe are authorized by you to receive such information.
- Business Transfers. From time to time, we may buy, sell or reorganize businesses or assets. In the event of an acquisition, sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Customer Information and/or Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Joint Offerings. From time to time, UMB may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from us, UMB may share information collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). UMB does not control the use of the information we share with our business partners, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, your sole remedy is to opt not to purchase, or specifically express an interest in, a jointly-offered product or service.
- Legal Requirements. UMB may disclose your Customer Information and/or Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation; (ii) enforce, protect or defend the rights or property of UMB; (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of this Website or the public; or (iv) protect against legal liability.
SENDING, TRANSFERRING AND STORING DATA INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
The security of your Customer Information and Personal Information is important to us. When you submit information to UMB through our Website, that information is encrypted while being transmitted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Your Customer Information and Personal Information is then stored in a secured database, and reasonable precautions are taken to keep this data and information secure. Although we take commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard the information you provide to us, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free, and you should take special care in deciding what information you send to this Website. In the event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures or the security measures of a third party (such as your Internet service provider), we will not be responsible for any damages, directly or indirectly, caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disclose your information. Also, administrative agencies or courts of competent jurisdiction may order the disclosure of the information we collect. We cannot guarantee, and you should not expect, the information you provide to us will always remain private. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Customer Information or Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
UMB and our third party advertising partners use web beacons and usage analytics software to help us identify effective content and to otherwise better manage content on this Website. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to your Personal Information.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather non-personal data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables them to deliver advertisements targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as online behavioral advertising. For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of this Website and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website, and other interactions between you and this Website. Please note that, UMB does not share your Customer Information or Personal Information with any third party advertising networks.
Opting-out of future contact
You may opt-out of receiving offers and newsletters from UMB by clicking on the unsubscribe link set forth in an email from us or by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that opting-out of receiving future contact from UMB may cause you to lose some or all of the benefits of using this Website and/or the Service.
BLOGS, FORUMS, CHAT ROOMS AND BULLETIN BOARDS
If you visit or participate in a Forum on this Website, you should be aware that any Customer Information, Personal Information or User Generated Content that you submit in a Forum can be read, collected, stored and/or used by other users of such Forum, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Customer Information, Personal Information or User Generated Content that you choose to submit in a Forum.
UMB may post customer testimonials on this Website, which may contain Customer Information or Personal Information. However, we will obtain your consent prior to posting such a testimonial from you.
CAN-SPAM Act compliance
We are committed to being compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 ( CAN-SPAM Act ). All e-mails you receive from UMB are intended to fully comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.
Policy Regarding Children
This Website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect information from children. We also do not verify the age of any of our visitors or users. By using this Website, you represent to UMB that you are at least 18.
Special Notification for California Residents , Your Privacy Rights
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to our Privacy Officer in writing at email@example.com or:
UMB International LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 500 East
West Palm Beach, Florida, 33401
Such requests must include the reference Request for California Privacy Information in the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to us if not submitted pursuant to the terms set forth above.